Friday, February 24, 2012

FriDaYs ArE fOR bEinG A wiFe

   This is my second go 'round at being a wife, so I'm not sure I have room to speak about being a wife. I do on the other hand have things that I've learned from both times. Most of all, I know that I love being married!
   I was married the first time when I was 21, which to the world seems young, but I've always thought it was the perfect age for me. My ex just didn't feel that was the right thing for him. We had really great highs and really horrible lows in our seven year marriage. As hurt as I was that he no longer wanted me, I'm so glad he left. It's been one of the best things to ever happen to me. 
   I do not advocate divorce. I must make that clear. I think that if there is a way to work things out, you work them out. You first try counseling. You speak with clergy. You talk to parents. You talk to people that have been divorced. You talk to people that have been married for fifty years. If you can avoid it (especially when there are children involved) you avoid it. The one problem is, you can't have a marriage with one person. If one person leaves and moves on to someone else, there isn't much you can do when they don't want to come back.
   For me, divorce was freedom. I no longer had to worry about someone else's problems. I was able to progress or digress on my own. I was given the chance to learn to be alone. I didn't have to depend on someone for my happiness. When I came to terms with the fact that I could be alone, because I never really am alone with my Savior, Jesus Christ, by my side, I could do whatever He needed me to do. Then and only then was I ready to have an amazing man enter my life.
   While Mr. Cancan isn't perfect, he sure is wonderful to me. He's patient and kind. He's loving and sweet. He's a wonderful father and my very best friend. Give me the choice to be alone or to be a wife? I will choose to be a wife every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment