Thursday, March 1, 2012

thUrSdaYs arE foR beiNG a mOmMy!

   Mr. Cancan and I have been taking Love and Logic classes for the last two weeks, to appease LW's mom. I wasn't super excited about taking this class since it is 3 hours every Wednesday for 4 weeks. Uhg! I knew I would be interested once I got there, but it's just hard to want to leave the house to take a class I didn't volunteer to take. The class is pretty great, though.
   Being the sarcastic person that I am, I'm really having fun with Love and Logic. When one of the kids does something wrong, I get to say, "Uh oh. It's so sad. So and so has to go to their room until they're ready to be sweet." I don't think it's meant to be sarcastic, but it feels that way when I say it, and it makes me happy.
   I really am just having fun learning how to be firm with my kids without having to feel angry. A lot of the techniques are ones that I've already used, but it's given me the tools that I've been missing to be a better, more calm, more collected mom. It gives us more time to have fun together as a family. My favorite thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment